Try this salad with broccoli, red pepper and noodles, topped with a homemade peanut sauce. Serves 4.
Noodle Salad Ingredients:
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 (8.8 oz/250 g) packaged noodles (rice, whole wheat or soba)
- 1 red pepper, cubed
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup hot water (not boiling)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili sauce or hot chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Steam broccoli until bright green. Save broccoli water for cooking noodles. Rinse broccoli with cold water or submerge in ice water to retain bright green colour.
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Chop up the red pepper.
- Next, make the peanut sauce. Mix peanut butter and water in a blender until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro and blend to combine. Add cilantro and stir through.
- To assemble, pour peanut sauce over noodles to coat evenly. Add steamed broccoli and red pepper and mix through noodles. Eat warm or cold. Will keep for several days in the fridge.
Tip: Add red cabbage for a pop of colour!