Lentils are high in protein and fibre but low in fat, making them an excellent addition to a salad. Serves 4.
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced (or 2 to 3 green onions, sliced)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- Mix cooked rice and lentils together in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until evenly combined. The salad can be enjoyed warm or cold.