Marinate tofu to get a texture similar to feta cheese! Serves 4.
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu (450 g/16 oz), cubed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a shallow covered dish, arrange tofu cubes in only one layer.
- Pour dressing over the tofu and let marinate at least overnight or longer. Marinate tofu well in advance will help achieve the feta texture. Stir occasionally to make sure all cubes marinate evenly.
- Add to the Greek Pasta Salad and enjoy!
- 1-½ cups dry whole wheat fusili (corkscrew) pasta
- ¼ cup sliced black or kalamata olives
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- ½ cucumber, cut into chunks
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, cubed
- ½ green pepper, cubed
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, olives and veggies.
- Add the marinated tofu along with the marinade. Mix well to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.