A variation on the standard bean salad, this one uses black beans, veggies and a dash of cayenne pepper for spice. Serves 4.
- 2 (15oz/425g) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn niblets (fresh, frozen or from a can)
- 1 stalk/rib celery, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Let sit for a few hours or overnight before serving to allow flavours to mix.
- Enjoy with whole grain bread or baked tortilla chips. The salad will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.