Veggie chili is an easy and hearty meal, with beans, corn, vegetables and a bit of spice.
6-8 servings | <50 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño hot peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced or crushed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans beans such as kidney, pinto, or black
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the zucchini, green peppers, jalapeño peppers, and garlic. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in the beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.