A homemade alternative to store bought curry paste.
Makes 1/2 cup | <20 minutes
- 2 ½ tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cracked black peppercorns
- ½ to 2 tsp chili powder or cayenne
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider)
- Roast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan until they start to smell fragrant. Then grind the seeds using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Put all ingredients except vinegar into a small bowl and mix together well. Add more or less chili depending on your preferred spice level.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste. Keep for up to one month in a jar in fridge.