Green smoothies don’t have to taste like grass! Get your greens without sacrificing the taste.
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2-3 pieces of fruit (e.g. 1 banana, 1 orange, 1 apple, or if you want a more uniform flavour, use the same fruit such as 2-3 oranges)
- 6-8 leaves of romaine or other lettuce, or two handfuls of baby spinach
- Sprouts such as sunflower, alfalfa, pea shoots, etc. (optional)
- ½ to 1 scoop of Vega (optional)
- Put 1 cup of water in blender.
- Add fruit, Vega if using, and greens. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or stainless steel bottle, swish out blender with remaining cup of water and pour in with the smoothie.
- Mix well and enjoy. Makes 1 litre.
Nutrition Tip: Smoothies are an easy way to get the recommended 7-10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day!