Tofu scramble is made by crumbling tofu in a pan with vegetables. It is a perfect alternative to scrambled eggs! The secret to getting the yellow egg colour is to add turmeric.
- 2-3 tbsp light oil such as sesame or canola
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 blocks firm tofu (500 g/16 oz)
- A dash of salt
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. Add the celery and carrots. Add green onions and turmeric and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Crumble tofu with a fork and mix it into the sautéed vegetables. Season with salt to taste. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.
Tip: Mix up the recipe by adding sliced mushrooms, green or red peppers, or fresh basil!