This smoothie is delicious, packed with nutrition and tastes better than salty store-bought vegetable juice.
- 2 cups water, divided
- ¼ avocado
- 6-8 leaves of romaine or other lettuce, or two handfuls of baby spinach
- Sprouts such as alfalfa, clover, pea shoots, etc. (optional)
- Any combination of tender vegetables such as cucumber, tomatoes, celery, small piece of red onion, or a garlic clove
- Fresh lemon or lime juice to taste
- Dash Cayenne pepper or a small piece of jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Put 1 cup of water in blender.
- Add everything else and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or stainless steel bottle, swish out blender with remaining cup of water and pour in with the smoothie.
- Mix well and drink.