(Serves 4 – 30+ minutes)
Here’s a simple dish your whole family will enjoy any night of the week.
1 lb broccoli (2 large heads)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 cup pine nuts
A big pinch of chili powder
1 (28 oz/796ml) can tomatoes, chopped
1 lb (450g) your choice of whole-grain pasta
Fresh parsley as garnish
1. Cook broccoli pieces over steaming water, or boil until tender crisp.
2. Sauté garlic in oil in a large frying pan until lightly brown.
3. Add pine nuts, chili powder and tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for ten minutes.
4. Stir in the cooked broccoli.
5. Keep warm until pasta is cooked.
6. Prepare pasta according to package directions, then drain.
7. Mix sauce with pasta and serve with fresh parsley.
Note: You can substitute the pine nuts for other nuts or seeds or even for diced tofu.