A classic salad that makes for a great side dish or main. Serves 4.
- 3 (15oz/425g) cans of any variety of beans (kidney, navy, chickpeas, black, etc), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Mix beans in a large bowl.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients and pour over beans.
- Let sit for a few hours or overnight to allow flavours to meld. The salad will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.