Soba noodles make up the base of this bowl. Soba noodles are thin, Japanese noodles, made from buckwheat flour.
Serves 4-6 | <40 minutes
- 16 oz (454 g) soba noodles (2 packages)
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into 2-inch spears (peel outer skin from stalks if tough)
- 4 carrots (cut into diagonal slices about ¼-inch thick)
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower (break into 1-inch florets)
- Miso-almond sauce
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the soba noodles to the boiling water in the first pot. Cover and turn heat to medium. Follow package directions for cooking time (usually 6-8 minutes).
- Place a steamer over 1 inch of water in another pot; bring this to a boil. Arrange vegetables in steamer and cover. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Drain the noodles and add about ½ cup miso-almond sauce and mix. Serve vegetables on top of noodles and ladle additional sauce over the vegetables.
Variations: Try using other vegetables such as snow peas, zucchini, bok choy, green beans, or asparagus.