A healthy side dish of greens with garlic and soy sauce.
Serves 4 | <20 minutes
- 4-5 cups washed greens such as bok choy, kale, collards, rapini, or spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt or soy sauce to taste
- Pour 1/2 inch of water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Add greens, cover and steam until wilted. about 2 minutes. Remove greens and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and add garlic. Sauté over medium heat 30 seconds. Add greens and sauté for a few minutes. Season with salt or soy sauce.
Variations: Add diced ginger or hot pepper to the oil. Garnish with carrot slivers, sesame seeds or enoki mushrooms.