A tomato pasta featuring whole-grain noodles, broccoli, garlic and pine nuts. It takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Serves 4 | 30 minutes
- 1 lb (450g) your choice of whole-grain pasta
- 2 heads broccoli (1 lb)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- A big pinch of chili powder
- 1 (28 oz/796ml) can tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh parsley as garnish
- Boil water for pasta. Prepare according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, steam or boil broccoli pieces until tender crisp.
- Sauté garlic in oil in a large frying pan until lightly brown. Add pine nuts, chili powder and tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for five to ten minutes.
- Stir in the cooked broccoli and drained pasta. Top with fresh parsley.