This simple recipe is a Veggie Challenge favourite!
Serves 4-6 | <20 minutes + 1 hour baking
- 16 oz (500 g) firm tofu (2 blocks)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- Garnish: chopped parsley or fresh coriander (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut tofu into large bite-sized squares and place in bowl. Blend remaining ingredients. Pour over tofu. (If time allows, marinate for one hour or longer)
- Remove tofu from marinade and place in small casserole dish along with ½ cup marinade. Bake uncovered in preheated 350°F oven for one hour, gently stirring and basting with marinade every 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh coriander. Serve with rice and salad.