Serves 4 | <40 minutes
- 16 corn tacos or tortillas
- ¼–½ cup water
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 (30 g/1 oz) Mexican seasoning package (Frontier Organics, El Paso)
- 1 (19 oz/540 ml) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked)
- 2 tbsp salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Diced red onion
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 red peppers, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup, shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- Heat water in a medium saucepan. When it’s boiling, add half the diced onions and taco seasoning and stir to combine evenly. Add beans, salsa, lime juice and stir. Let cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. If you have a hand immersion blender, puree the beans, or mash with a potato masher.
- Prepare any or all of the toppings.
- Spread a thick layer of the mashed beans on the toasted corn tortillas or in the tacos and serve with toppings and guacamole.