Pasta with a creamy sauce made from soft tofu and steamed vegetables.
Serves 4 | 40 minutes
- 16 oz (454 g) soft or medium tofu (2 blocks)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp mix of basil, oregano, thyme (dried)
- ¼ cup light miso
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives (black), chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted green olives, chopped (or substitute with sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 lb (454 g) fettuccine, linguine, or other long noodles
- Pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer. In the pot, poach tofu for three minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, kale, basil, oregano, thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until onions are translucent, reducing heat to low after 3-4 minutes.
- Add tofu and miso. Blend using a hand blender until smooth and creamy (or alternatively for a chunkier sauce, mix ingredients by hand using a potato masher or fork). Stir in chopped olives.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (tender but firm), then drain.
- Immediately toss with tofu mixture and season with pepper.