Miso is a seasoning made from fermenting soybeans using a special fermentation method.
Serves 4 | <20 minutes
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup cubed tofu
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 1 sheet dried nori seaweed, cut into strips (optional)
- ½ cup miso
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- Pour the water into a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and add the tofu and carrots. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the miso to the pot and stir well. Top with green onion and nori and serve immediately.
Variations: Add greens, mushrooms or noodles.