This simple recipe is whole-wheat and filled with your favourite fruits!
Makes 4-6 large pancakes.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup soy milk or water
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ – ¾ cup chopped fresh fruit (peaches, blueberries, apples, strawberries, cranberries, etc.)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a second bowl, add soy milk (or water) and oil.
- Pre-heat a lightly-oiled frying pan.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. The batter should be a thick but pourable consistency. Test to see if it slowly flows off a spoon. Add more flour or water if necessary. Fold in fruit.
- Drop by spoonful on to the frying pan. Flip over once bubbles appear.